Each Thursday we will showcase a feature of Southwest Arkansas that we are grateful for. Read more to see who’s in the spotlight for this week’s #ThankfulThursday.
If you’ve ever been to any event hosted by Southwest Arkansas Arts Council, then you have experienced hospitality at its finest! Southwest Arkansas is lucky to have a group of committed individuals to our community.
Through the Arts in Education program, SWAAC is able to instill an appreciation for art at a young age. Through the annual Performance Series with Hempstead Hall, SWAAC is able to help bring affordable, quality entertainment to our region. Through the various gallery exhibits held at the Arts Station, SWAAC is able to expose our corner of the state to an amazing array of artists who practice various disciplines of artistry. The Holiday Bazaar, the Daddy Daughter Dance, the Wall of Hope, their presence Downtown, the art installation at the Hope Depot, the new community theater troupe…there are so many reasons to be thankful for Southwest Arkansas Arts Council and their members.
And I’m going to give you one more: their behind-the-scenes work. A lot goes unnoticed, but SWAAC has provided food, hospitality and support to many events in Hope and our surrounding areas. When UAHT hosted our grand opening of the James Black School of Bladesmithing and Heritage Arts, it was SWAAC who provided the delicious treats and Cherry, John and Kim who kept everything filled. When Kids’ College sought additional teaching sources last year, it was SWAAC that stepped up and filled three weeks of differing arts classes for all ages. These examples (and many more unamed ones) are how SWAAC quietly serves our community and makes Hope a more beautiful place to live.
For all that you do for the college and our community: thank you!
Upcoming SWAAC Events:
- Rodney Steele’s Gallery Exhibit: The Art of Reflection, March 2-27 Arts Station, 200 E. Division Street
- “REHEARSAL: The Show” Community Theater Production, March 13, 7:00 pm, Hempstead Hall
- “The Wind in the Willows” Children’s Theater Production, April 8, Hempstead Hall
- Steven Walden’s Gallery Exhibit, May 5-22, Arts Station, 200 E. Division Street
- The Four Tops, Performance Series, May 2, 8:00 pm, Hempstead Hall
- Glenn Miller Orchestra, Performance Series, May 28, 7:30 pm, Hempstead Hall